Join Our Team- We’re Hiring!
This full time position is located in Masaya, Nicaragua
As the Communications Manager of Bridges to Community, you will be responsible for developing and implementing external communications strategies that advance the mission and strategic priorities. He/she will develop an external communication plan for the organization, collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop content, and ensure consistent BTC mission messaging throughout all communications vehicles, programs and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop external communication plans for pre- and post- trip volunteer engagement and donor engagement for 4 key program areas, annual leadership dinner fundraiser, and year end appeal campaign
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop content
- Compose, edit and contribute news content across various channels including: website, social media, press releases, and e-newsletters
- Edit, proofread and fact check content to ensure accuracy across external channels and to support staff communicating to stakeholders.
- Manage marketing campaign and design creatives when necessary. This includes crafting and executing an overall marketing plan using Facebook ads and Google Ad Words.
- Ensure consistent BTC mission messaging throughout all communications vehicles, programs and campaigns
- Develop appropriate metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communications programs and channels.
- Maintain knowledge of communications best practices and adopt for use when appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the BTC mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field.
- Experience in non-profit sector strongly preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- 3 years of experience and demonstrated skills in developing, managing and delivering strategic communications strategies and plans in a diversified organization
- Experience with SalesForce, ConstantContact, and InDesign a plus
- Salary U$8,500 annually
- Health insurance, cell phone plan, work visa (if applicable), enrollment in retirement plan after 12 months
Please submit CV, cover letter and a writing sample in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Executive Director of Bridges to Community, you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on the communities in which we work. The Executive Director is responsible for successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. He or she is responsible for ensuring ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of fundraising, volunteer recruitment, finance and administration. He or she must be able to coordinate programmatic and administrative plans between the NY office and the Bridges to Community offices in Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
This position is located in Ossining, NY.